In Windows Operating System, it is necessary to have a Microsoft Publisher to create and view any .pub (publication) files. The file extension of these type of publications are .pub. The Microsoft publisher helps to create high quality professional looking publications like magazines, brochure, flyers etc. This is not very popular as other Microsoft products like MS Word, and MS excel, MS Power point etc. The one and only drawback for this application is, the developers does not provide any free viewer format for publisher. So commonly users used to convert the .pub(publisher) files to pdf files just for view the .pub files.
How .pub (Publisher) files get deleted or lost?
- Virus Infection: Virus attack is a common reason for the deletion of PUB files and mostly the improper use of internet is the main way for these type of malware attack.
- Sudden Power Surge: Sudden power surge leads to deletion of the .pub file, if it is in working state at that time and the sudden termination of the system also make a way for the loss of .pub files.
- Accidental Deletion of Files: Unintentionally using on Shift+Delete keys to delete PUB files result in permanent deletion as the files after shift del does not move to Recycle Bin. If you accidentally empty Recycle Bin that had PUB files may also result in deletion of PUB files.
- Formatting Disk Accidentally: Sometimes, user is forced to format the disk drive due to some errors occured in the drive. When the disk is formatted, all the data saved in that drive gets deleted leading to deletion or loss of PUB files.
- Hard Drive Corruption: If your hard drive or if its file system gets corrupted due to some unknown reasons then your Operating System restricts access to the files, which are stored in it. This is mainly because, all the information about hard drive partitions and the files stored in it are saved in file system. When you want to open the file, OS scans the file system to get the info to pen that specific file. If your file system itself is corrupted then it will become difficult or sometimes impossible to access resulting in loss of PUB files
Eye catching features of Uneraser Software:
- .pub file recovery can be done even after accidental deletion by using Shift+Del keys and emptying Recycle Bin. If you want to know how to recover data after shift + delete operation then, visit: http://www.uneraser.org/data-recovery-after-shift-delete.html.
- Keen scanning ability of the software that helps in performing .pub file recovery with utmost ease
- Can save the recovered .pub files on any of the storage device except the same location that it is saved previously.
- Recover PUB files from formatted or deleted partitions of the hard drives
- Along with .pub file recovery, this software also has the ability to recover lost PowerPoint files, Excel files, Word files etc.
- This software has the ability to recover PUB files from corrupted hard drive of various popular brands
Follow the below procedure to avail the .pub file recovery:
Step 1: Download and install the free demo version of Uneraser software (Windows) to perform .pub file recovery and
then click on
“Recover Files” option from the main window of the application as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1: Main Page
Step 2: Now, you need to click on any of the two options i.e., “Partition Recovery” or “Formatted/Reformatted Recovery” and then select the proper hard drive based on where the lost .pub file was stored previously as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2: Select Drive
Step 3: The recovered .pub files will get displayed on the new screen. Select the .pub files to preview them. Now, you need to mention where you want to save the recovered .pub file in the system as shown in Figure 3.
Figure 3: Save Files